The councils of the Great White Brotherhood consider that their single greatest concern is to establish God-government on earth. For where the governments of the nations reflect ascended master law, the Golden Rule and the precepts of divine brotherhood, there the individual can evolve the Christ flame and become one with his divinity. Where governments are unjust, the image of the mandala (the divine plan of the hierarchical blueprint) cannot be outpictured in society.
Government in the golden ages
In the days of the first three root races, the Manus were the rulers, and those who were appointed to hold office during their reign earned the right to represent the people because they had first represented the light by passing initiations and proving their self-mastery over cosmic forces. As long as members of the Hierarchy were in positions of rulership, the earth prospered.
The divine right of kings, a doctrine that persisted to the eighteenth century, came down to us as tradition from the golden ages when the Sons of God were invested with the authority of rulership and fulfilled Plato’s ideal of the philosopher-king. But as the dynasties became infiltrated with corrupting elements and the stream was no longer pure, the rulers lost contact with the God Source, and they became as other men. Injustices became so great that the people challenged the divine right of succession.
Beginning in the nineteenth century, the Brotherhood endorsed democracy as the means whereby each man should become a king and a priest unto God, developing his Christ potential and being found worthy to rule himself.
With the coming of mass education and the raising of the level of the consciousness of the people, the masters have been able to pave the way for an age of enlightenment wherein people would not only understand the Law but would behold the character of the Christ in their elected representatives. By this means, they would return to the system of government endorsed in the beginning, and those who by initiation had earned the right to rule would be elected to office under the guidance of the Christ Selves of the electorate.
Influences of darkness
Side by side with the plan of the Brotherhood to return mankind to a golden age, the false hierarchy—the forces of darkness—have moved to thwart the plans of the Brotherhood. Thus, the manipulators staged the French Revolution and through their secret organizations in Europe undermined the plan of Saint Germain for the unification of that continent.
Another plot of the manipulators is uniting the nations prematurely—before they have individually attained the Christ consciousness. The giving up of individual sovereignty of the nations to a one-world body that is controlled by neither the Great White Brotherhood nor its appointed representatives can only lead to a Luciferian despotism that will deprive all mankind of the opportunity to return to the Godhead.
If this planet is to be preserved for a Golden Age civilization, the nations that are dedicated to the individual ascension of every man, woman and child on earth must not allow their energies to be drained by association with those who are not dedicated to the Christ. Only when all nations are brought to the level of the Christ consciousness can union occur.
Plans of the Brotherhood
Chananda, the head of the Indian Council of the Great White Brotherhood, explains:
- The perfect God-plan for the whole world must be externalized. But this requires enough highly placed people in the governments of the nations of the world who have the vision and legislative know-how to forestall the constant agitation and opposition of the ignorant masses to long-term planning for the evolution of social justice. These clamor loudly to ensure the perpetuation of personal and private advantages for the few over and above the rights of the many.
- Karma, too, plays a part in the affairs of government. But the Lords of Karma have assured the Lord of the World, beloved Gautama, that when the governments of the world are ready and, by reason of the cooperation of their respective leaders, they do accept the divine plan for the earth and its evolutions, a dispensation will then be given that will put the mass karma of the entire earth under a special form of cosmic control.
- Under this system all lifestreams will be able to enter some form of temple training at night in their soul bodies and between embodiments. Thus, after passing from the screen of life from physical embodiment, most of the karma that is now outpicturing for them individually can be balanced at inner levels instead of through toil and suffering, as is presently the case.
- Mass ascensions will likewise be possible, for a utopian form of world government will automatically eliminate many of the present hazards of living. Struggle for place, position, financial advantage, political power and self-seeking will be replaced by that divine justice that affords—as the Constitution of the United States of America really intends—true equality of opportunity for all.
- In this veritable community of the Spirit, where individual dignity is upheld by the Light of its own divinity, the communistic and socialistic doctrines will be stripped of their false veneer and revealed to be—as in reality they are—methods that were evolved humanly as the result of the intellectual rebellion on the part of their founders against their own personal karma.
- The spiritual community of the enlightened will expound the real democracy of the new republic wherein the nobility of life in its God-intended expression is its own acknowledged reward. No one will expect to be given honors or rights he does not deserve. Neither will anyone expect to deny to others their just opportunity to expand their understanding, test their spirituality or pursue life, liberty and true happiness to the fullest.... It is to the complete achievement of these goals that the Great White Brotherhood is dedicated.
The calling to serve in government
Let not men think that the spiritually elect are not needed in the political affairs of the nations, for the God-government of the earth is the first calling of the servant-sons of God. It is time for the children of the light to come forth, to take their place in the so-called mundane affairs of the world. For the Great White Brotherhood teaches that every act done in the name of God is sacred, and inasmuch as we have done it unto the least of these our brethren, we have done it unto the Christ. Public service in his name is one of the greatest callings upon earth at this hour of world crisis.
Mark L. Prophet and Elizabeth Clare Prophet, The Path to Attainment, pp. 295–300, 310–11.