Order of Francis and Clare
On January 27th, 1985, Kuthumi formally inaugurated the Order of Francis and Clare. He said:
Beloved, I underscore and bring to the fore of your attention now our order, the holy Order of Francis and Clare, which has long been the underlying motive and purpose of many who serve here and throughout the field. I wish to inaugurate this order in this hour in a more organized way, that you might identify yourselves, whether on the celibate path or married, with the works that we strove to accomplish in the rebuilding of the Church on the cornerstone of purity while being servants to all life.
I would speak to you of our motto, which I would say today as Obedience, as Poverty, as Chastity. May I speak upon these for a moment. For the obedience of our order is to the one we call Love—Christ. Obedience to Love in the person of Christ in every Ascended Master and not Jesus alone. Obedience to the inner Light and the inner Calling—the foundation of those who walk in commemoration of the World Teachers.
The Order of Francis and Clare takes its name from a quaint period in history which was fraught with the personal Armageddon and vicious forces every whit as nefarious as they are today. It also harks back to a limited understanding of Christ; yet, in the inner mysteries of our hearts, we knew far more than we dared say.
The order today goes beyond that which it was to a new birth in the Aquarian age. And as you receive the mantle and the perception of the office, you forge that order and create out of it what must needs be. Thus, beloved hearts, chastity itself is purity. It is the purity of the chakras. It is the purity of heart. It is the path of the Sacred Heart. It is the purity of the soul and the purification of body. Above all, it is the transmutation of all past karma. It is the dedication to the path of the ascension by the raising of that Kundalini fire.
Poverty is the self-emptying, that one might be filled. Every day give the light away that is yours to give. Thus, know the true way of Mother Poverty. The emptying that one might be filled is the nature of the Path. Poverty is a love that is greater for others than for oneself.
To these three virtues I add a fourth: it is the defense of the Mother Church.
May you then be striving ones. May you remember also that the fulfillment of the Order of Francis and Clare in the etheric octave is now through the Order of the Brothers and Sisters of the Golden Robe. It is the golden robe of the World Teachers and of Christhood, and it is the golden dawn of illumination to the earth. Thus I bring the concept of the order in the hour of Jophiel’s coming when so much illumination is needed.
Blessed ones, fear not the Path, for it does unfold as a golden robe before you. The love we have known, the inflaming by the Holy Spirit in our communions—all that we share—far supersedes any adversity or persecution or human consciousness you may encounter.
El Morya has said of this order:
Beloved Kuthumi has called you to the Order of the Brothers and Sisters of Francis and Clare. Understand that striving in this order, whether through the path of the brahmacharya or the path of the householder and the family member, must be pursued with the goal in mind of the attainment of the mantle of Christ.
Thérèse of Lisieux has spoken of the purposes of the order:
Therefore, for that reason you are called and called to accelerate within the Community under the disciplines of the holy order, the Order of Saint Francis and Saint Clare, reinstituted within this church years ago. Who else, then, beloved, would have the qualifications to lead you on this path than your own reincarnated sister Clare? Remember, then, that her Light and Presence is far beyond even that which it was in those days. For the cumulative causal body that she does bring to you comes from her discipleship under the adepts of East and West in many lifetimes.
Know, then, beloved, that the fire in the mountain of the Northern Rockies is the fire of the saints and the true holy Church that shall be kept alive even through the transitions that earth shall make. That you might become the fire of the Mystical Body of God, we call you to that disciplined life in the understanding that those who reach the top of the pyramid are those who by their service guarantee to all others who are at its base that when they too arrive at the hour of this initiation, there will yet be a Mystery School and a platform of evolution called planet earth.
For more information
- As he was in prayer one day in 1206 at the ruined chapel of San Damiano outside the gate of Assisi, he heard a voice from the crucifix above the altar command: “Go, Francis, and repair my house which, as you see, is falling in ruins.” Renouncing worldly goods and family ties, Francis embraced a life of poverty and, for two or three years, fervently dedicated himself to repairing the church of San Damiano, a chapel honoring St. Peter, and the Portiuncula, the chapel of St. Mary of the Angels, near Assisi.
- The Franciscan Order of Friars Minor (the “little brothers”) was founded by Saint Francis in 1209 “to follow the teachings of our Lord Jesus Christ and to walk in his footsteps.” Francis wrote: “The Rule and life of the Friars Minor is this, namely, to observe the Holy Gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ by living in obedience, without property, and in chastity.” In 1212, when Clare, a young devotee of noble birth, determined to follow his way of life, Francis began a second order for women, which became known as the Poor Clares (or the Order of Saint Clare). Around 1221, he established the Third Order of Brothers and Sisters of Penance, a lay fraternity for those who did not wish to withdraw from the world or take religious vows but desired to live by Franciscan precepts.
- During the August 1983 celebration of the twenty-fifth anniversary of The Summit Lighthouse, the messenger read excerpts from the Ashram Notes—a precious collection of correspondence and teachings from Master Morya recorded by Mark L. Prophet prior to the founding of The Summit Lighthouse in 1958. The first letter, dated April 26, 1951, from Mark to chelas announced the formation of “The Order of the Child.”
- Kuthumi, “Remember the Ancient Encounter,” Pearls of Wisdom, vol. 28, no. 9, March 3, 1985.
- El Morya, “Chela—Christed One—Guru,” Pearls of Wisdom, vol. 28, no. 11}, March 17, 1985.
- Saint Thérèse of Lisieux, “Outside the Church,” Part II, Pearls of Wisdom, vol. 31, no. 39}, July 13, 1988.