From TSL Encyclopedia
Revision as of 11:14, 3 June 2016 by Pduffy (talk | contribs) (Created page with "The ritual whereby the soul reunites with the Spirit of the Living God, the I AM Presence. The ascension is the culmination of the soul’s God-victorious sojourn in time...")
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to navigation Jump to search

The ritual whereby the soul reunites with the Spirit of the Living God, the I AM Presence. The ascension is the culmination of the soul’s God-victorious sojourn in time and space. It is the reward of the righteous that is the gift of God after the last judgment before the great white throne in which every man is judged “according to their works” (Rev. 10:13).

The ascension was experienced by Enoch, of whom it is written that he “walked with God: and he was not, for God took him”; by Elijah, who went up by a whirlwind into heaven; and by Jesus, although his ascension did not take place on the occasion when scripture records that he was taken up into a cloud into heaven. The Ascended Master El Morya has revealed that Jesus made his ascension from Shamballa after his passing in Kashmir at the age of 81 in A.D. 77.

The reunion with God in the ascension, signifying the end of the rounds of karma and rebirth and the return to the LORD’s glory, is the goal of life for the sons and daughters of God. Jesus said, “No man hath ascended up to heaven but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man.” By the salvation, ‘Self-elevation’, the conscious raising up of the Son of God within her temple, the soul puts on her wedding garment to fulfill the office of the Son (Sun, or Light) of manifestation. The soul is made worthy by Jesus’ grace to be the bearer of his cross and his crown. Following the initiatic path of Jesus, she ascends through the Christ Self to her Lord, the I AM Presence, whence she descended.

The ascended masters teach that it is not necessary to actually raise the physical body in order to ascend. The soul itself may take flight from the mortal coil and be translated through the ascension process, while the physical remains may be consigned to the sacred fire through the ritual of cremation. Although there are instances of a physical ascension noted in the scripture (Enoch and Elijah; see Gen. 5:24; Heb. 11:5; II Kings 2:1, 11), the physical ascension does require a 100 percent balancing of karma; whereas through the dispensation of the Aquarian age the Great Law exacts the 51 percent balance of karma, thereby enabling the soul to balance the remaining 49 percent after the ascension. In this case, the ascension process is almost never a physical one, but it is just as real and can be observed by the clairvoyant or those caught up in the extrasensory perception of the Holy Spirit.

When a physical ascension takes place, the physical body is transformed by and superseded by the ascended master light body. During the ascension ritual, the soul becomes permanently clothed with this body, also called the “wedding garment,” or the deathless solar body. Serapis Bey describes the process in his Dossier on the Ascension:

The flame above (in the heart of the Presence) magnetizes the flame below (the threefold flame within the heart) and the wedding garment descends around the silver cord to envelop the lifestream of the individual in those tangible and vital essence currents of the ascension. Tremendous changes then take place in the form below, and the four lower bodies of man are cleansed of all impurities. Lighter and lighter grows the physical form, and with the weightlessness of helium the body begins to rise into the atmosphere, the gravitational pull being loosened and the form enveloped by the light of the externalized glory which man knew with the Father ‘in the beginning.’... The individual ascends, then, not in an earthly body but in a glorified spiritual body into which the physical form is changed on the instant by total immersion in the great God flame.[1]

In a dictation given October 2, 1989, the Ascended Master Rex told us that those who are called to the physical ascension must have had many thousands of years of preparation. Today most people whose souls qualify for the ritual of the ascension ascend from inner levels after the soul has departed the physical body. The soul attains union with the Mighty I AM Presence to become a permanent atom in the Body of God just as she does in a physical ascension.

For more information

Serapis Bey, Dossier on the Ascension


Rev. 20:12, 13; Gen. 5:24; II Kings 2:11; Luke 24:50, 51; Acts 1:9–11; John 3:13.

  1. Serapis Bey, Serapis Bey, Dossier on the Ascension, pp. 157–59, 175–77