n. a foreordaining will, an edict or fiat, an authoritative decision, declaration, a law, ordinance or religious rule; a command or commandment.
v. to decide, to declare, to determine or order; to ordain, to command or enjoin; to invoke the presence of God, his light/energy/consciousness, his power and protection, purity and perfection.
It is written in the Book of Job, “Thou shalt decree a thing, and it shall be established unto thee: and the light shall shine upon thy ways.” The decree is the most powerful of all applications to the Godhead. It is the “Command ye me” of Isaiah 45:11, the original command to Light, which, as the “Lux fiat,” is the birthright of the sons and daughters of God. It is the authoritative Word of God spoken in man by the name of the I AM Presence and the living Christ to bring about constructive change on earth through the will of God and his consciousness come, on earth as it is in heaven—in manifestation here below as Above.
The dynamic decree offered as praise and petition to the LORD God in the science of the spoken Word is the “effectual fervent prayer of the righteous” that availeth much. The dynamic decree is the means whereby the supplicant identifies with the Word of God, even the original fiat of the Creator “Let there be light: and there was light.”
Through the dynamic decree spoken with joy and love, faith and hope in God’s covenants fulfilled, the supplicant receives the engrafting of the Word and experiences the transmutation by the sacred fire of the Holy Spirit, the “trial by fire” whereby all sin, disease, and death are consumed, yet the righteous soul is preserved.
The decree is the alchemist’s tool and technique for personal and planetary transmutation and self-transcendence.
Parts of a decree
The decree may be short or long and is usually marked by a formal preamble and a closing or acceptance. Saint Germain explains the purposes of these parts:
- Decrees are generally composed of three parts, and they should be thought of as letters to God:
- (1) The salutation of the decree is invocative. It is addressed to the individualized God Presence of every son and daughter of God and to those servants of God who comprise the spiritual hierarchy. This salutation (the preamble to the decree), when reverently given, is a call that compels the answer from the ascended ones. We could no more refuse to answer this summons in our octave than could your firemen refuse to answer a call for help in yours. The purpose of the salutation, then, is to engage immediately the energies of the ascended masters in answering the body of your letter to God which you so lovingly vocalize individually or in unison.
- (2) The body of your letter is composed of statements phrasing your desires, the qualifications you would invoke for self or others, and the supplications that would be involved even in ordinary prayer. Having released the power of the spoken Word through your outer consciousness, your subconscious mind, and your superconscious or Higher Self, you can rest assured that the supreme consciousness of the Ascended Masters whom you have invoked is also concerned with the manifestation of that which you have called forth.
- (3) Now you come to the close of your decree, the acceptance, the sealing of the letter in the heart of God, released with a sense of commitment into the realm of the Spirit whence manifestation must return to the world of material form according to the unerring laws of alchemy (the all-chemistry of God) and precipitation.
- Those who understand the power of the square in mathematics will realize that when groups of individuals are engaged in invoking the energies of God, they are not merely adding power by the number of people in the group on a one-plus-one basis, but they are entering into a very old covenant of the square which squares the release of power to accomplish the spoken Word by the number of individuals who are decreeing and by the number of times that each decree is given.
For more information
Mark L. Prophet and Elizabeth Clare Prophet, The Science of the Spoken Word.
Jesus and Kuthumi, Prayer and Meditation.
Prayers, Meditations and Dynamic Decrees for Personal and World Transformation.
Mark L. Prophet and Elizabeth Clare Prophet, The Science of the Spoken Word: Why and How to Decree Effectively (audio album).
Mark L. Prophet and Elizabeth Clare Prophet, The Science of the Spoken Word, chapter 5.