Djwal Kul's breathing exercise
Djwal Kul’s Breathing Exercise is taken from chapter eight of Intermediate Studies of the Human Aura by Djwal Kul. It builds on the foundations laid by Kuthumi in his Studies of the Human Aura and by Djwal Kul in Intermediate Studies of the Human Aura. It is a practical exercise for the purification and balancing of the four lower bodies by the Light of God and the sacred fire breath of God.
1. First, place yourself in a meditative posture, sitting in a comfortable chair before your altar, the physical focus of your worship. If possible, you should set aside a chair that is used only during your meditations and invocations. You should consecrate this chair by the momentum of your heart flame as a focus of the atomic accelerator that is used by the Ascended Masters in the Cave of Symbols. Chelas who have passed certain initiations are bidden to sit in the atomic accelerator to have the atoms and molecules of the four lower bodies stepped up by the currents of the ascension flame in preparation for the ritual of the return, the alchemical marriage that is the soul’s reunion with the Spirit.
2. Place your feet flat on the floor, your hands cupped in your lap, your head erect, eyes level, chin drawn in for the disciplined flow of the energies of the heart through the throat chakra.
3. The “Call to the Fire Breath,” the invocation of the Goddess of Purity given to the devotees of the Holy Spirit, should now be recited three times. Give it slowly, rhythmically, with feeling. Absorb each word and each concept with the conviction held in heart and mind that you are here and now a joint-heir with Christ. And as the beloved son, the beloved daughter, you are claiming your inheritance. Yours is an inheritance of the sacred fire that issues forth from the heart of beloved Alpha and Omega, who keep the flame of the Father-Mother God in the Great Central Sun.
- *I AM, I AM, I AM the Fire Breath of God
- From the heart of beloved Alpha and Omega.
- This day I AM the Immaculate Concept
- In expression everywhere I move.
- Now I AM full of Joy,
- For now I AM the full expression of Divine Love.
- My beloved I AM Presence,
- Seal me now within the very heart
- Of the expanding Fire Breath of God.
- Let its purity, wholeness and love
- Manifest everywhere I AM today and forever. (3x)*
- I accept this done right now with full power!
- I AM this done right now with full power!
- I AM, I AM, I AM God-Life expressing Perfection
- All ways at all times.
- This which I call forth for myself
- I call forth for every man, woman and child on this planet.
The immaculate concept, the fiery blueprint according to which your soul was created in the image of the Divine One, is now impressed upon your four lower bodies. This fiery blueprint is magnetized by the coil described earlier in this lesson, which you now bring to the fore of consciousness as the pivot of your call to the fire breath. The fullness of the joy which you claim is the fullness of the expression of divine love.
4. Now visualize the buoyant energies of love being magnetized by this coil and by the energies of the heart (which from our previous exercises you hold in mind as the focus of the interlaced triangles superimposed with the name of God).
It is essential that you hang above your altar the Chart of the Presence. [Where possible,] your eye level when you are standing should be at the eye level of the lower figure in the Chart, so that the Christ Self and the I AM Presence are above you.
5. Therefore, in all of your meditations and invocations, you should imagine through the imaging of the eye that all energy released through the chakras comes forth from the I AM Presence, through the Christ Self, descending over the crystal cord into the heart chakra, thence throughout the four lower bodies.
Establish in mind, then, the concept of a perpetual flow from the heart of the individualized God Self to the heart of the Christ Self to your own threefold flame pulsating in the rhythm of God’s heartbeat. The sealing of your aura within the very heart of the expanding fire breath of God is accomplished by your I AM Presence through the Christ Self in answer to your call. Remember, it is God in you who is the decreer, the decree, and the fulfillment of the decree.
6. Visualize your aura as an ovoid of white light extending beneath your feet, beneath the coil, above your head and above the coil. See the aura increasing in the intensity of the light as that energy is expanded from the heart chakra and thence from all of the chakras as the sacred mist that is called the fire breath of God. Let its purity, wholeness and love fill the ovoid of your aura; and feel your mind and heart disciplining that energy and holding it in the creative tension of your cosmic awareness.
7. Conclude the giving of the call (three times) with the acceptance. Now you are ready for the exercise of the integration of the Eighth Ray.
8. To the count of eight beats, draw in through your nostrils the sacred breath. When you first begin this exercise, you may wish to count the eight beats by the gentle tapping of your foot. The breath is drawn in through the nostrils. As you breathe in, push your abdominal muscles out, letting the air completely fill your lungs. Let your lungs be inflated like a balloon. See the air that you draw in as the pure white light.
9. Now to the count of eight beats, hold in the air and visualize it penetrating your physical form as the essence of the Holy Spirit, which nourishes, stabilizes and balances the interchange of energy in the physical atoms, molecules and cells.
10. Visualize this sacred energy flowing through your veins, moving through your nervous system, anchoring the essence of the balancing energies of the Holy Spirit in your four lower bodies and absorbing from them all impurities, which you now see being flushed out of your system as you exhale to the count of eight beats.
Let the exhalation be deliberate and disciplined as you slowly release the air as though it were a substance being pressed out of a tube. You may round your lips to increase the tension of the exhalation. Imagine that breath being pushed out from the very pit of the stomach as the abdominal muscles contract. You may lean forward if this helps to press out the last bit of air remaining in the lungs.
11. Now let your head resume an erect posture, and hold without inbreathing or outbreathing to the final count of eight beats.
12. Repeat this exercise daily, as you are physically able, until you have established a rhythm—mentally counting, if you wish, “One and two and three and four and five and six and seven and eight and one and two and three and”—and so forth. Be careful that in your zeal you do not overdo. Each one must in Christ discern his capacity, which may be anywhere from one to twelve repetitions of the exercise per daily session.
This fourfold exercise is for the balancing of the four lower bodies. The inbreath comes through the etheric body; the first hold is an action of energizing through the mental body; the outbreath is the release through the emotional body; and the final hold is for the anchoring in the physical form of the balanced action of Father, Son, Mother and Holy Spirit.
13. When you have mastered the inbreathing, holding, outbreathing and holding in this fashion and the accompanying visualization of the sacred fire releasing light, energizing the consciousness, extracting impurities, and finally anchoring the energies of the Christ, then—and only then—you may add to your exercise the affirmation “I AM Alpha and Omega” to the count of eight beats. This you mentally affirm once for each of the four steps of the exercise. This affirmation is for the establishment within you of the cloven tongues of fire, the twin flames of the Holy Spirit that are the energies of the Father-Mother God.
By thus invoking these energies and using the breath as the means to convey that energy to the four lower bodies and to anchor it in the physical form, you will be building the balanced action of the caduceus—the intertwining of the Alpha and Omega spirals along the spine that are for the ultimate victory of the masculine and feminine polarity that raises the energies of the chakras, merges in the heart as the Christ and flowers in the crown as the Buddhic enlightenment of the thousand-petaled lotus....
I place my Electronic Presence with each one as the guardian action of the sacred fire—I AM the guard—during the period of your meditation on the fire breath and your exercise of integration through the Eighth Ray.
For maximum benefit from this Alpha-to-Omega breath meditation, give “I AM Light” by Kuthumi three or nine times before and three or nine times after Djwal Kul’s Breathing Exercise.
- I AM Light, glowing Light
- Radiating Light, intensified Light
- God consumes my darkness,
- Transmuting it into Light.
- This day I AM a focus of the Central Sun
- Flowing through me is a crystal river,
- A living fountain of Light
- That can never be qualified
- By human thought and feeling
- I AM an outpost of the Divine
- Such darkness as has used me is swallowed up
- By the mighty river of Light which I AM.
- I AM, I AM, I AM Light
- I live, I live, I live in Light
- I AM Light’s fullest dimension
- I AM Light’s purest intention
- I AM Light, Light, Light
- Flooding the world everywhere I move,
- Blessing, strengthening and conveying
- The purpose of the kingdom of heaven. (3x or 9x)
For more information
See Kuthumi and Djwal Kul, The Human Aura: How to Activate and Energize Your Aura and Chakras. This book includes Kuthumi’s Studies of the Human Aura and Djwal Kul’s Intermediate Studies of the Human Aura. Djwal Kul’s teaching on this breathing exercise is found in book 2, chapter 8, “The Sacred Fire Breath.”
Pearls of Wisdom, vol. 35, no. 51.
Prayers, Meditations and Dynamic Decrees for Personal and World Transformation, decree 40.09.