The Teacher who gives adoration to the Divine Mother or the Teacher who holds the office of World Mother. On July 2, 1977, the Ascended Master Padma Sambhava bestowed mantle of Guru on the messenger Elizabeth Clare Prophet and gave her the name “Guru Ma.”
Concerning the path of the Mother, Lanello has explained that “when you say Ma, it is the acknowledgment that in the one Guru Mother [God as Mother, the Omega light of cosmos] the entire chain of Gurus is manifest. Whether Mother or Maitreya, it is the Ma of a cosmos that rings.... That sounding of the name is the sounding of the cry for help. And all of the four cosmic forces who bow before her throne of grace will respond upon the call of the chelas near and far.”
Sanat Kumara explained the significance of the office of Guru Ma in The Opening of the Seventh Seal:
- The name “Guru Ma” is the title of an office and of the mantle worn by the person or persons who hold the Mother Flame in the earth. It is a garment that has been worn before and one that will be worn again by the ever-present lineage of the Ruby Ray whose Mother Flame I ensoul in the Messenger and in the continuity of the Messengership, which ever has been and ever shall be the contact of Hierarchy with the Lord’s embodied hosts.
Serapis Bey elaborated on this in his January 27, 1980, Pearl of Wisdom:
- Guru Ma is the name given and the mantle worn by the Teacher who teaches the path of Self-realization through the Mother Flame—devotion to purity of consciousness manifest in the Word and Work of the Lord and to the raising up of the Mother Light (the Kundalini) in the ascension coil. The path of the Mother leads to soul liberation through the ritual of the ascension taught and demonstrated for thousands of years by the avatars of East and West.
- The one called Guru Ma is a devotee of God who is devoted to his manifestation of the Mother principle of Life. The Guru Ma teaches his/her chelas the way of the Christ and the Buddha who were both devotees of the Mother Flame....
- The teachings of all true Gurus begin with Mother. They are Guru because they love Mother. The highest Guru to a planetary evolution, the “God of the Earth,” is the Lord of the World [the office currently held by Gautama Buddha] because he embraces Mother and is her foremost disciple.
1984 Pearls of Wisdom, book 1, introduction.
- Lanello, April 8, 1979.
- Elizabeth Clare Prophet, The Opening of the Seventh Seal: Sanat Kumara on the Path of the Ruby Ray, chapter 32.
- Pearls of Wisdom, vol. 23, no. 4.